Lauren Mangold

Lauren Mangold

Lauren Mangold

Lauren Mangold

Lauren Mangold

Lauren Mangold

Lauren Mangold

ljmdesigns.carbonmade.com
mangold.designs@gmail.com
07917734053

Old photographs have a compelling ID that evokes viewers and stimulates questions. Where are the photos from? What is occurring within each photograph?

Through working monochromatically, my paintings give the viewer access to the stored light and expressions of personal family members that were, at one time, only contained within lost photographs.

Through working with photographs containing personal memories of the long since deceased taken between 1908-1950, the only trigger of memory comes through fragments of photographs that prove the life the characters once lived, now that their personalities are diminished.

Sourcing old photographs from a family member bound with dementia, provided an extra depth to which I was able to consider my families past. The photographs relay information from distant past relations, yet without a non-suffering relative alive to date, the considerations of the memories collected within each photograph are unknown. These uncertain moments of importance have once been captured, but the reasons long faded, instead evidence is given through my paintings.