Charlotte Headdey

Charlotte Headdey

Charlotte Headdey

Charlotte Headdey

Charlotte Headdey

Charlotte Headdey

clheaddeyphotography.carbonmade.com
charlotte_headdey@hotmail.co.uk
07870831363

Threshold is a triptych of photographs investigating the notion of liminality; focusing on those in-between moments and transitional states which surround and envelop us. Concentrating on those threshold periods of life, my work concerns itself with capturing those changes between dawn and twilight, using the natural light to demonstrate and examine time in relation to place. The blurred figure which contrasts with the sharp backdrop of Leeds reminds us of that which is fleeting and ever changing against that which is constant and static.

Photography was the medium of choice as it documents the lapse in time, acting as a portal to remind us of those liminal moments we might have missed; of where we have been and where we are going. I have displayed the matching dawn and twilight pictures together to heighten the difference time can make to place, and how this in turn affects the way we view the space and the action of the figure. Displaying my work on light boxes emphasises the existence or absence of light present, as well as the depth and unseen liminal space in each picture.